Battlefields Trust Membership
Did you know that nearly everyone in the UK lives within half an hour’s drive of a battlefield? Some, like Hastings, Bosworth and Culloden, are familiar to most of us whereas others are relatively unknown. Yet the battles fought on them all played their part in shaping the way that we live today.
Join today so that you can help to ensure that these unique historical sites are preserved for everyone to understand and enjoy, both now and in the future.
Benefits of being a member:
- 'Battlefield', our quarterly Magazine
- Keeping you informed about the latest fights to preserve battlefields
- Keeping you informed about forthcoming battlefield walks, study days and conferences
- Providing a wide range of articles on battlefields and battlefield-related themes
- Giving stimulating debate on many battlefield issues
- An extensive programme of battlefield walks and talks
- An active regional network, providing opportunities to become more involved locally.
- An annual weekend conference and AGM - We had a great weekend in Durham in July, courtesy of our colleagues in our North Eastern region with a visit to Otterburn battlefield. This year's conference will be held in Winchester University!
- Discounts with affiliated organisations
- A dedicated members' section on the Battlefields Trust website with articles and noticeboard
- The knowledge that you are helping to preserve our battlefield heritage for generations to come